3-YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL IMPULSE DRIVES/ 3-YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL BMZ POWER PACKS/ 10-YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL FRAMES FOR E-BIKES AND S-PEDELECS
In addition to the 10-year warranty on all e-bike and S-Pedelec frames, we are offering to extend the 2-year warranty by a further 12 months for all Impulse motors and BMZ power packs manufactured from 2017 onwards and purchased on or after 1 August 2017.
Our warranty terms and conditions
- In the event that within the 10-year warranty period, any material or processing faults should arise on the frame, causing cracks or fractures, please get in touch with your designated specialist dealer. The warranty will only apply to new e-bikes and to the first (1st) owner and is non-transferrable.
- Deterioration, wear and tear and ageing within the normal limits are excluded under the terms of the warranty, as are damage or faults to the paint-coating on the frame of an e-bike. Damage to the paint that occurs after the item has been handed over by the specialist dealer is neither covered under the terms of the warranty, nor included within the liability for material faults. The warranty will lapse in the event that the bike is hired out or is used for competitive racing purposes.
- In the event that within the 10-year period of the warranty, the model concerned is no longer included in the range of products, you will receive a suitable replacement model from the existing product range (the colour and finish of which may differ from those of the original model).
MOTORS AND POWER PACKS
- In the event that within the 3-year warranty period, any material or processing faults should occur to the motor or power pack, please get in touch with your designated specialist dealer. The warranty will only apply to new e-bikes and to the first (1st) owner and is non-transferrable.
- Deterioration, wear and tear and ageing within the normal limits are excluded under the terms of the warranty. Damage to the motor/power pack (e.g. as a result of improper handling/repair/maintenance or as the result of an accident, of intentional damage or external intervention) arising after hand-over is neither covered under the terms of the warranty, nor included within the liability for material faults. The warranty will lapse in the event that the e-bike is hired out or is used for competitive purposes.
- In the case of batteries, the warranty may only be invoked if the battery has a residual capacity of 60%. If any item is replaced, the claimant will not be entitled to receive an item in the original decor.
- In order to activate the 10-year frame warranty/the 3-year warranty on Impulse drives/the 3-year warranty on BMZ power packs, please register your model online within eight weeks of the date of purchase (completing all details in full).
- We will then send you a confirmation by e-mail. You must enclose this whenever you make a claim.
- The required servicing must be carried out by an authorised specialist dealer and this must be noted in the service record book.
- All claims under the warranty will only be processed via your specialist dealer. Your specialist dealer will provide you with a new frame, a new power pack or a reconditioned motor. These will be installed by your specialist dealer.
- On the form, please state the serial number and item number of your Kalkhoff e-bike. The nine-digit sequence of numbers can be found on the underside of the crankset above the item number and can be recognised by the letters “S/N”. The item number begins with P/N. The model names are applied to the frame in the form of decals.
KALKHOFF – QUALITY MARKS